Program Manager (EU)
The Program Manager role has an active involvement in client and project team management, report and data management and strategic planning related to a Customer complex project or program. The Program Manager role orchestrates a team of project managers in the performance of their duties including but not limited to delivering contract obligations of the highest quality in the most efficient time. The Program Manager works collaboratively, supporting a virtual environment, with Appen’s relevant teams to meet all stakeholder requirements.
In general, the Program Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a program of work to a Client, monitoring and driving key performance metrics. For the next 6-12 months the successful candidate’s focus will be to work collaboratively with a team of project managers organising various project resources and logistical aspects related to an in-person data collection.
The Program Manager provides support for the day-to-day management of the project /program team and its operational and strategic objectives. The Program Manager escalates risks in a timely manner to the relevant Senior Manager(s) and/or Director(s).
Location: Western Europe: Ireland, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Austria
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery to project objectives within project scope, timeline and budget
- Develop and execute delivery and quality management plans to support a project end-to-end
- Develop and mentor various project team members to drive team key performance metrics and meet or exceed project & program targets
- Design user out-reach/onboarding/engagement strategies tailored for the needs of individual projects
- Coordinate technical activities and aspects of the projects
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve project performance and Client deliverables
- Communicate in a timely, clear and concise manner to stakeholders including Staff, Directors, Clients and Leadership.
- Build strong client relationships to increase client satisfaction and revenue opportunities
- Drive continuous project improvements and efficiencies
- Provide regular, strategic project/program updates with action plans to Leadership
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in a metric-driven setting and ideally in a services organization
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience with stakeholder management in a commercial project-based environment
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Demonstrated agility and a service orientated approach
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by constant change, and a fast, deadline-driven culture.
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and drive course of action for self and others
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Experience leading teams
- Experience managjng events or equivalent involving participants and technology
- Experience managing budget responsibilities over a portfolio of projects.
- Exposure to speech technology, market research or a technology-oriented related field
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Are a strategic, agile and professional communicator, with an ability to positively influence outcomes and a ‘win-win’ orientation;
- Are driven to focus on quality and drives team members and peers to deliver exceptional quality and service
- A motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Able to establish productive, cooperative relationships and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills
- Excellent at communication, including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally
- Are an innovative thinker, who drives yourself and others in the development and implementation of new ideas; unafraid of taking risks to accomplish corporate level goals
- Are able to effectively coach and train peers and team members
- Exhibits discretion, good judgment and mature behavior when dealing with sensitive materials and situations
- Have strong personal accountability, persistence and resilience.
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle with more than 25 years’ experience in data sourcing, annotation, and model evaluation. Through our expertise, platform, and global crowd, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence products with speed and at scale. Appen maintains the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform and boasts a global crowd of more than 1 million contributors worldwide, speaking more than 235 languages. Our products and services make Appen a trusted partner to leaders in technology, automotive, finance, retail, healthcare, and government. Appen has customers and offices globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.