Appen’s Project Manager (PM) is responsible for coordinating teams of specialists and project resources including independent contractors (ICs) towards customer project delivery while simultaneously handling key stakeholder relationships. This position will include organising various project resources and logistical aspects related to an in-person data collection. It may require facilitating teams to troubleshoot systems, software and equipment. The PM works collaboratively with various Appen team members to meet all project and client requirements. Some travelling may be required.
An ideal candidate:-
- should be willing to work onsite (Mira Road) atleast 2-3 days in a week.
- should have experience / expertise in managing high level of (‘client’ driven) change requests in a large program.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery to project objectives within project scope, timeline and budget
- Develop and execute delivery and quality management plans to support a project end-to-end
- Coordinate technical activities and aspects of the projects
- Design user out-reach/onboarding/engagement strategies tailored for the needs of individual projects
- Provide regular project status reporting and in-depth analysis when required
- Build strong client relationships to increase client satisfaction and revenue opportunities
- Drive continuous project improvements and efficiencies
- Coordinate between project team members in a matrix environment
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear, and concise manner across multiple time zones
- Manage risks and issues and undertake recovery actions as necessary
- Prepare and implement project plans, prepare reports and project-related materials
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Participate in the training and mentoring of new and existing Appen staff
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2 to 5 years of project management experience in a metric-driven setting and ideally in a services organization
- Experience with stakeholder management in a commercial project-based environment
- Client facing or relationship management experience
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Demonstrated agility and a service orientated approach
- Proficient in English – excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Exposure to speech technology, market research, a technology-oriented or a machine-learning related field
- Experience with audio recording equipment and software desirable
- Exposure to data management
- Bi-lingual in a second language is a bonus.
You will succeed in this role if you are
- A motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Able to establish productive, cooperative relationships and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills
- Excellent at communication, including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies. Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning
- An analytical thinker with ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle with more than 25 years’ experience in data sourcing, annotation, and model evaluation. Through our expertise, platform, and global crowd, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence products with speed and at scale. Appen maintains the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform and boasts a global crowd of more than 1 million contributors worldwide, speaking more than 235 languages. Our products and services make Appen a trusted partner to leaders in technology, automotive, finance, retail, healthcare, and government. Appen has customers and offices globally.