Reporting to the Solutions Director, the Solutions Architect will be primarily responsible for actively driving and managing the initial needs analysis, solution design, pricing model, and proposal preparation stages of the sales process, working in tandem with the sales team as an advisor and product/service advocate for Appen’s offerings.
- Work closely with the sales organization to understand customer requirements and help qualify associated opportunities.
- Educate customers, in tandem with Sales, on Appen services and tools
- Understand and analyze buyer behavior to craft opportunity-specific “bid to win” strategy in conjunction with Sales.
- Secure input from all necessary solution partners within Appen and adapt solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate fit and realization of customer goals.
- Synthesize customer requirements into a cost-effective & opportunity-specific proposal response, to include pricing model and solution design/description
- Effectively present pricing model to sales and Appen senior leadership, as needed, with solid understanding of financial drivers and pricing rationale
- Manage proposal process across multiple opportunities and customers simultaneously, delivering responses on-time and to budget and profitability expectations.
- Act as a liaison with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Delivery teams to provide input from customers as part of the product roadmaps, as well as be up to date on new advancements in products and programs.
- Travel, as needed (within the US, 5% or less)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking skills to effectively gather customer requirements & apply knowledge of Appen services/products to craft and position winning solution design and pricing model
- Strong written, verbal, and presentations skills with the ability to adapt your message to the context of the audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to work with diverse internal and external customers across time zones.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, respond quickly, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Solid understanding of financial concepts (revenue, gross margin, etc.), with the ability to produce needed metrics as part of solution/pricing design and explain financial drivers/pricing rationale
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced user of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- We at Appen look for individuals who embody our core values: performance, honesty, humility, and grit. At Appen, we embrace and strive purposefully with our core values in mind throughout every aspect of our work and expect our employees to meet and exceed these standards. If this resonates with your work ethic and style, we encourage you to apply for this Appen position.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years’ Pre-Sales/Solutions Architect and/or Pricing/Analytics experience in a managed services or SaaS environment
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.