Appen, a global leader in language and search technology is running paid language-based project to improve online user experience.
We are looking for Somali native speakers for a translation project.
Participants will be translating Somali contents to English.
Degree in translation or linguistics (or related field) or equivalent experience.
If you or someone in your circle of friends meet the requirements and is interested in contributing to this project, apply now!
Detailed project information and instructions will be provided shortly after you have enrolled.
Appen constantly seeks motivated freelancers to support their translation, transcription, annotation and data collection teams. Your successful contribution to this project will grant you a space in our database and a good chance to be considered for projects in the future.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Appen is seeking bilingual English and Spanish speakers for a short-term project as a Data Recording Supervisor.
If you’re comfortable with technology and enjoy working with people, this could be a great fit for you.
Project will require travel to training and/or project locations, all travel expenses are covered.
Location: Training in San Francisco Bay Area,
Actual project will take place in the following locations, by project:
1)Huston, TX and El Paso, TX
2)San Antonio, TX and Phoenix, Tucson, AZ
3)Southern California: LA and San Diego, CA
5)Miami, FL and New York, NY
Candidates willing to travel to cover multiple cities as listed above by project are welcome to apply and express the interest in travelling to cover the multiple cities.
Candidates who can cover only one of the cities within one project are welcome to apply as well.
Hours: Training: up to 8 hours/day between 9am and 5pm.
Project Days: 10-12 hours/day between 7am and 9pm.
Length: Training: Nov 20-22 and Nov 27,
Project Dates: Nov 29-Dec 8.
Travel may be required before or after these dates.
• Follow all protocols and training, paying close attention to detail and organization.
• Guide each user through their recording session providing excellent customer service and a positive, friendly attitude.
• Manage the collected data according to protocols and training.
• Abide by the security protocol established and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Perform equipment and sound checks ahead of first recording.
• Problem solve issues as they arise, escelating when necessary and appropriate.
• Maintain positive working relationships with team members and client representatives, using clear communication early to address issues before they become problems.
• Fluent English speaker, highly prefer fluent Spanish speaker (US preferred) but a high level of understanding would be sufficient.
• Comfortable with technology – able to do basic troubleshooting
• Customer experience and good communication skills.
• Attention to details
• Audio recording experience
Be part of Appen, the global leader in language and search technology company!
Appen is looking for native English (UK) speakers in or near Weybridge, Surrey, United Kingdom to participate in a paid, in-office transcription project.
Interested? Click the apply button or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 150 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information, come see us at www.appen.com or https://www.facebook.com/lifeatappen
Appen, a language and technology company is looking for a native speaker of Canadian French to work on data collection projects.
The work will involve posting online ads to recruit a large number of native speakers, for a specific target country, to record short prompts using mobile phones. The task would also involve opening new channels of online recruitment as well as using social media and other relevant recruitment websites to reach potential candidates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Preferred Knowledge/skills but not essential:
Note that applicants must have valid Australian work rights prior to applying.